Circle Line shortens work trips
Rush-hour commuters cheered the reduced travelling times and greater efficiency as the 12 newly opened stations of the Circle Line served their first working- day crowds yesterday.
One commuter, nurse Navaneetha Anbalagan, was all smiles after realising that the travelling time to her workplace has been halved as she can now catch a direct train to work.
It used to take the 25-year-old 50 minutes to get from her MacPherson home to the National University Hospital, and she had to switch between two MRT trains and a bus.
“It’s so much more convenient now. When I knock off work, I just get on the train and I’m home in the blink of an eye,” she said.
Corporate-communications executive Tan Lay Ping, 30, is glad that she no longer has to rely on a shuttle bus from the Buona Vista Station to take her to her office at Fusionopolis, which the new one-north Station now serves.
“The shuttle bus can take quite a long time to arrive. Sometimes, I might not get on the first one if it is too crowded,” Ms Tan said.
The Circle Line reduces the time taken for her to get to work from her Punggol home by more than 20 minutes.
Other commuters said that the rail line is more convenient, even if their travel time remains the same.
Teacher Lucy Seet, who declined to give her age, said that the time taken for her to travel from her Bishan home to St Margaret’s Secondary School in Farrer Road is almost the same whether by car or via the Circle Line.
“But I have to trouble my husband to drive me there. And if there are accidents or vehicle breakdowns, the journey time stretches,” Mrs Seet added.
Predictable timings and comfort are reasons why she will continue using the Circle Line.
For commuter Kwan Kian Meng, 44, the Circle Line has shortened the journey from his Telok Blangah home to the HarbourFront Station. There, the salesman switches to a train on the North-East Line to get to his workplace in Hougang.
The Circle Line might save him just five minutes, but Mr Kwan is still happy to have a train station situated so close to his home.
“I don’t need to use the Circle Line to get to work every day. But it will be useful for me to get to places I frequent, such as Holland Village and Botanic Gardens,” he added.
People who read this post also read.....
Leave a comment
Most Popular Reads
- 200 Sexy Scans of Japanese Actress Julia Nanase
- 70 Beautiful Scans of Thai Actor Tik Jesdaporn Pholdee
- 100 Beautiful Scans of Thai Actress Noona Nuengtida Sophon
- 100 Beautiful Scans of Hong Kong Actress Aimee Chan
- 700 Sexy Bikini Scans of Japanese Actress Sora Aoi Part 1
- 100 Beautiful Scans of Hong Kong Actress Cecilia Cheung
- 40 Beautiful Scans of Singapore Campus Superstar Bonnie Loo Mee Yee
- Love at First Flood (Thai Movie with English Subtitles)
- Ah Boys to Men 2 (Singapore Movie with English Subtitles)
- Just One Second (Thai Movie with English Subtitles)
- Countdown 2012 (Thai Movie)
- 70 Beautiful Scans of Singapore Actor Qi Yuwu
- Shou Nishino and Mario Maurer at the Taiwanese Night Market
- 400 Sexy Scans of Japanese Actress An Nanba Part 2
- 200 Sexy Bikini Scans of Japanese Actress Shou Nishino
- 400 Sexy Scans of Japanese Actress An Nanba Part 1
- Tragic Hero (Hong Kong Movie with English Subtitles)
- Angie Vu Ha Underwater Boxing Sizzle